How do I get started?
The Early Adopters phase of the program has now begun. If you are interested in participating please contact Program Assistant Mary Schweich at 651-697-7572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minnesota’s Green Path Orientation & Training
Monday, April 23, 2012
You can register with Mary at email@example.com or 651-697-7572.
Base Certification Requirements
- HERS index of 70 or better
- Blower door test result of ≤0.3 cfm50 per sq. ft. of building enclosure or lower.
- ENERGY STAR Certified (or better) dishwasher, clothes washer, refrigerator, if installed.
- Install energy efficient lighting such as CFL, or LED hard-wired fixtures in 50% of whole house.
- Above grade exterior wall insulation must be R-21 or better and installed to Grade II of the Resnet Standards (Refer to 2009 IECC).
- Foundation insulation minimum R-10 rigid foam exterior insulation or equivalent.
- Air seal around outside of window and door units with low expansion foam insulation (maintain drainage void at base of window).
- All ductwork installed in exterior wall cavities must have a minimum of sealed R-10 rigid foam installed along the exterior wall of the cavity.
- Must install programmable thermostat.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Mechanical ventilation of home for 48 hours prior to occupancy.
- All gas combustion equipment must be sealed or direct vented.
- Isolate attached garages: install air barrier, seal common walls, ceiling and penetrations prior to insulating. Provide gasketed door to living spaces.
- Provide capillary breaks. 1) between top of footings and bottom of foundation wall 2) below slabs where cementitious products connect to framing material (i.e. garage floors, stoops, and porches).
- May not use building cavities as a part of the duct work for supplies and returns (i.e. cannot use panning of joist or wall cavities for air supply or return system).
- Foundation waterproofed – from footing to sill plate.
- Install all faucets or add aerators with low flow. (1.5 gl/mn)
- On two of the major elements of the building – walls, roof or floor – or in 50% of project – use FSC, SFI, or CSA certified wood for wood and wood-based materials and products.
- On site disposal with vendor who recycles.
- BATC Membership or other Local Home Builder Association Membership.
- Attend program orientation and on-going annual updates.
- 3 elective points in energy.
- 2 elective points in indoor environmental quality